Unread postby hardmann » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:23 pm

Dear Tom:

I had found some books, as follows:
Applied Econometrics with R
Mixed Models: Theory and Applications with R
Introductory Statistics with R
Data Manipulation with R
An Introduction to Analysis of Financial Data with R

Estima presents a lot of the result of replication of published papers and books, even e_coures.
Why estima does not publish such books to expand Rats's influence.

Best regard
Hardmann
hardmann

Re: book with rats

Unread postby TomDoan » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:01 am

Thank you for your suggestion, but publishing actual books is a costly process. On a short-run book like most of those would be, the authors generally get relatively little monetarily (the $$$ is in textbooks, not professional books); what they get is a book on the CV. The e-course PDF books are probably more convenient than a printed book would be since you can copy and paste out of it. A publisher would probably ask that a lot of output and code be removed.
TomDoan

Re: book with rats

Unread postby hardmann » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:14 am

Dear Tom

Since I had learned the WinRats, I had translated two text books on the state space model into the Chinese edition. One is Introduction to State Space Time Series Analysis, another Time Series Analysis by State Space Method 2nd edition.
I also learned E-courses on State space model, So I want to write a Chinese text book about State space method by using Winrats code. So I maybe use some material from Winrats user’ guide, e-courses. We wish to obtain the prior permission and authorization from you if possible.

I think this book will prompt the application of state space model and distribution of Winrats .

Best regard
hardmann
hardmann

Return to Suggestion Box