Autosave by the editor

Use this for suggestions about improvements in RATS

Autosave by the editor

Unread postby PeterF » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:41 am

Hello Tom,

usually RATS is running stable with the Windows operating system. However, from time to time, RATS is running into a problem and Windows closes the program. If Microsoft Office programs are closed by the operating system, a copy auto-saved could be restored. I was just working at some program code in RATS, when the accident happened and I had not yet saved the code. Thus, the whole work is lost and had to be done again. I think, I am not the only user making this experience at some times. It would be a great help, if RATS would automatically saves the input file in regular intervals after editing it. In the case of a crash, then we would not have to start again from the beginning.

Best regards
Peter
PeterF

Re: Autosave by the editor

Unread postby TomDoan » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:31 pm

That's a good suggestion. I guess one question (which might have to be treated as a preference item) would be what gets saved and when. An obvious time would be to save the contents of the Input window before executing instructions. The concern there would be that if someone is using a common I/O window, that could take a while.
TomDoan

Return to Suggestion Box