output in ms excel

Use this for suggestions about improvements in RATS

output in ms excel

Unread postby curiousresearcher » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:51 am

There should be a easy option and getting output of various results in a manner it can be either exported to MS excel format or can be easily copy pasted easily without facing formatting issues. This will make this software really wonderful on the usage side after the data running etc.

AT the moment together we can't export results when lots of tests have been done together
curiousresearcher

Re: output in ms excel

Unread postby TomDoan » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:36 pm

What exactly are you trying to do? At some point you have to decide in what format you want to display information---the RATS output generally produces more than you would typically include in anything published. You can change that in RATS:

https://estima.com/docs/RATS%2010%20Int ... df#page=23

but it usually would make more sense to change that nearer to the final product.
TomDoan

Unread postby curiousresearcher » Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:23 am

TomDoan wrote:What exactly are you trying to do? At some point you have to decide in what format you want to display information---the RATS output generally produces more than you would typically include in anything published. You can change that in RATS:

https://estima.com/docs/RATS%2010%20Int ... df#page=23

but it usually would make more sense to change that nearer to the final product.

Hi,

I generally copy paste BEKK results from software in MS excel, but then a lot of time gets wasted in delimit data used text to column. For example i am trying to study volatility spillover among 21 countries stocks markets and there are 210 combinations which i now need to delimit manually.

The software is amazin where we can run codes together and generate output fast for many variables. But the final output somehow doesnt get generated as well

This can be improved

For example,

This is what is copy paste from software to MS word

Information Criteria
AIC -12.832
SBC -12.809
Hannan-Quinn -12.824
(log) FPE -12.832

Now i have to use delemit option in ms word to seperate in different column.
curiousresearcher

Unread postby TomDoan » Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:08 pm

If it's a one-off, you can reload that as a Report Window, copy and paste the information into Word. (By default, it will paste as an RTF which will give a table in Word). But that will only be useful if that's the format that you want, which strikes me as unlikely. (210 times that would take up 16 pages by itself). Again, decide what you want to save and how you want to show it (anything with 210 pairs is going to be cumbersome) and use REPORT to organize it. See, for instance, AKAIKE.RPF which does a report showing information criteria.
TomDoan

Unread postby curiousresearcher » Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:47 am

Dear Tom,

I used the report function and it does allow me to reduce decimals and then save the output by going to export function and saving as comma seperated file. The output is perfect as i want.

But i am only able to do this for 1 bekk garch command at a time. So if there are 15 different combinations, then i have to save 15 times different comma seperated files. Cant i save all the results in a comma seperated files?

This will be real life saver for me and other users like me.

estimaquery.png
estimaquery.png (132.72 KiB) Viewed 6102 times
curiousresearcher

Return to Suggestion Box