This page provides platform-specific information on the releases of RATS for the Macintosh. For general information on
RATS, please see General Information and Features.
- The RATS software
- RATSData (a stand-alone menu-driven data management utility program)
- A huge collection of RATS procedures and example programs, including worked examples from many popular
- Extensive built-in Help system
- Over 1,200 pages of documentation, including an Introduction, the RATS User's Guide and
the RATS Reference Manual. PDF's of all documentation are always included; you can choose to get printed manuals for
an added cost plus any added shipping.
The Professional version adds the Census Bureau's X12-ARIMA seasonal adjustment
procedure and enhanced database access features, including ODBC/SQL data access and support for reading the St. Louis
Fed's on-line FRED database. MacRATS Pro is a "universal" executable which will run the faster and more capable 64-bit
executable if the computer has a 64-bit processor.
MacRATS requires an Intel-based Mac and requires version 10.7 or later of OS X. It has been tested with all OS X upgrades
through Sierra (10.12).
- Any Macintosh capable for running OS X 10.7 or later.
- OS X 10.7 or later
- Memory requirements will depend largely on the size of the data sets you need to work with. You will need
approximately 1 Megabyte of RAM for every 128,000 data points. The RATS program itself is fairly compact, and only
requires about 1 Megabyte of RAM to load.
- a hard disk drive with at least 175Mb of free disk space (for a full installation, including all examples, procedures,
For single-user licenses, see RATS Prices for pricing on new licenses, and
Update Prices for pricing on updates to existing license.
We also offer multi-user/network licenses, with pricing based on the number of concurrent users.
Please contact us at email@example.com or 1-847-864-8772 for more